Sunday 10 January 2016

Best Year EVER! // Birchbox





Hello beautiful people! 

Today in my postbox, as I was just getting ready to sit down and eat my lunch was a pretty pink surprise delivered by a white van man! Now, I really don't have the best memory in the world... so when a package with my name on it turned up I went straight to my mum and said "I've forgetten what I've bought, again!!". Instantly, texting my boyfriend because he's a sucker for buying me surprise gifts, and because it's my birthday soon and I thought maybe he'd accidentally had a present delivered to me.

Now, I recognised the name on the side as *Birchbox, (and my boyfriend said it was okay to open it, as it was a little present from him, squee!!) it was beautifully package in a nice pink carboard box, really easy to open, however I can't show you that for privacy reasons so you'll just have to take my word for it!


Once I'd cracked into the packaging it revealed this GORGEOUS box, oh my goodness I actually love it! I don't think this is the main focal point of the subscription service...but I'm in love with it. The metalic writing, the cute little quotes, oh my I'm keeping it forever! Which, I actually am because I've already decided that I'm going to put all my nail varnishes into it and into my drawers, so it's completely re-useable and very sturdy!



Firstly in the box is a lot of carboardy-papers, giving you loads of information an welcoming you to the Birchbox service, I don't know if this is just because it's my first box or you get it every time - but either way it's cute and again I love the designs! You get a pamphlet which tells you all about the products in your box, which is tailored to your skin and your choices which you pick when you sign up - which I think is amazing as if you have sensitive, or oily skin, you can choose that and they will suit your products to you! It's very personal and very sweet of them.


In my box came a series of little postcards all to do with the start of the year - new year resolutions and it's all mixed in with a sprinkle of beauty just to tie in with the cosmetics side of Birchbox! I think these are wonderful, I'd send these to friends to give them a little pick-me-up, because I'm a sucker for cute quotes. Or you can write to a penpal, or even frame them or stick them on your walls. My personal favourite is "May your lashes be long & your year be awesome!", I love my eyelashes, I do take my pride on them and I just thought that was SO cute! So props to the designer on these babies.



This is my bag of goodies, and it all smells AMAZING! I don't know why! But such a lovely scent came with this, and this bag is UBER cute and can so be used as a tiny wash bag if you're going away for the weekend! I got:

BENEFIT They're Real Tinted Primer - Travel Size - RRP £18.50
Basically, a brown light weight tinted primer to go on under your mascara! I am SO excited to use this, and might actually keep it back to do a review on it in a later date as like I said before, I do pride myself on my eyelashes (on the days they want to co-operate), and I have fallen in love with Benefit thanks to a gorgeous present I got for Christmas with a lot of mini products. So yay!

EYEKO The Foolproof Liner - Full Size - RRP £12
This is a very chubby liquid eyeliner, according to all its ins-and-outs it's smudge-proof, bold, high-impact and easy to use novice or expert! I'm also really excited by this, I've been wearing eyeliner since it was cool to wear glitter liner, and I've recently branched out into a cat-eye kind of gal, so I'll be reaching for this in my make-up bag the next time i get glammed up and give it a whizz! Shall also report back.

RITUALS The Shower Invigorator - Travel Size - RRP £8.50
It's a shower gel! Who doesn't love a new shower gel? Now, I usually use Lush products for my shower gels, but this smells beautiful! The packaging is so lovely, and is packed with organic ingredients like white lotus & yi yi ren which transforms into a foam and is meant to make your skin feel glorious! 

BEAUTY PROTECTOR The Hair Multi-tasker - Travel Size - RRP £14
Ooooooo magic for your hair, I love hair magic things! Protects & Detangles, does alllll that good stuff you love to put in your hair to make it swishy and shiny. Also, smells amazing! Apparently this is a Birchbox Exclusive and one of their best sellers, it's also meant to minimise frizz which dang, I need. Use after showering! 

ABSOLUTION The Cleansing Water - Travel Size - RRP £27
Another love of mine - new skin care!! Now I'm not too great at skin care thingys so being sent this was so good, so so good. This is a cleansing water, so you can use it to take of your make-up or just wash it all over your face if your skin feels like it needs some attention. This contains hazelnut oil & aloe vera to leave you soft, supple and fresh! 


SO VOILA! That's January's Birchbox for my preferred picks on their website! Also, you get a sweet little compact mirror RRP £4, and you know it's so handy to have one of those in at least every bag you own. I'm really really looking forward to using all these products and I am literally obsessed with looking at this and waiting to use them, and I am super excited to get next months already!!

I think I'll do an over-all review of the products individually in a blogpost in the future, once I've had a chance to use them all... so stay tuned for that!

Do you get any monthly subscriptions that you love? Let me know in the comments as I am so totally into this idea of getting cute little things every month! This is also such a lovely one off gift for someone you love.

Thanks for reading this absolute essay. See you next month for the next Birchbox

Keep Smiling,
Paige x

* All opinions are of my own and this was a kind gift from my otherhalf. Birchbox has not paid me to do this and do not know of me writing this prior to the blogpost. Thankyou. 

No comments:

Post a Comment