Wednesday 30 December 2015

Review: Yankee Candle Advent Calendar


Hello there everyone! 

Today, I am going to be reviewing this lovely carousel of goodies from Yankee, in which my boyfriend ever so kindly gifted me at the start of December! 



So in this you obviously get 24 candles, and it's a mix between Votives which you get 4 of and they're a bit bigger and can last up to 15 hours which is amazing! I didn't know this until i opened them, they weren't what they say on the packet! I got the votives on days 6, 12, 18 and 24 and I got a Berry Trifle which smells AMAZING! A Cosy By The Fire, Bundle up and on Christmas Eve I got a Winter Glow which was really weird as I was hoping I would get the Christmas Eve candle and I was so disappointed when I didn't, but nevermind! 

The tealight candles are smalled and have a plastic casing round them so you don't need a candle holder as you can just light them on any surface, whereas the votives I suggest you get a medium sized holder because it needs something that the wax can melt into that you can just scrape off and dispose of when it has cooled. These for me lasted a few lightings over two days, or an entire evening! As it says on the box it's got roughly 4-6 hours of burn time, however I did have a few candles which went dud because the wick was probably a little shorter than others! 



Overall, my favourites are the sweet scents like Snowflake Cookie, Candy Cane Lane, but besides that my top are Spiced Orange and Icicles, which Spiced Orange is a very Christmassy Spice scent (as you would guess!) and Icicles is a very clean scent, like a linen but does have a sweet undertone of something that I just couldn't put my finger on! 

I would so reccommend these if you like Yankee Candles and can't afford a huge one, and also prefer having lots of different scents and don't like to stick to one! These scents are matchable and do fill a room, for example: I matched Bundle Up, Icicles and Winter Glow together to create a lovely fresh scent which lasted for hours! I ADORE Yankee Candles and all they have to offer, and they are still selling these on their website for a discounted price if you wanted to stock up or just open them all at once! 

The one downfall of this Carousel of goodness, was that the packaging wasn't too great. The doors would rip off, and the Votives were really difficult to get out as they were just held in plastics, and I actually had to result in using a knife to get them out, which resulted in denting the candle! I wouldn't suggest doing this if you are young or unattended, so always ask for an adult's help first if you can't do it yourself. However! They do a house version of the Advent calendars, which I know there are no problems like this, so maybe that would be the option for you! 

I would love to know what your favourite Yankee Candle scent is in the comments below, festive or un-festive! I love going round and sample sniffing all the scents my tiny shop in town has to offer, so let me know what you like so i can try it out next time, or maybe it's my favourite too and we can share interests! Also, did you get an advent calendar similar to mine, and what were your opinions on it?

Keep Smiling, 
Paige x

  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment